Sunday, May 11, 2014

Windmills in My Head - A Smattering of Tech


I drove past the Altamont Wind Farm on Friday
It reminds me of my response to technology issues this week
Each individual machine is doing something important, but I don't see the big picture
Usually a theme emerges for me as I sit down on Sunday night to write in response to tech issues I've heard about during the week. Not so tonight. These stories sound important, but no  pattern has emerged for me yet.

This Blue Tooth style hearing aide sounds more affordable and hearing enhancement, even for those who don't (yet:-) need a hearing aide!


I still fight setting aside time to keep up to date with software I depend on. But I’m going to be in trouble if I get behind with the new version of  gmail! So here’s another item for my learning curve list.


I envisioned using my iPad like I use a spiral notebook. But Pages just ain’t Word. Having Office on my iPad is going to increase my ability to rely on that device as more than a book reading movie watching environment.


The Net Neutrality decision is a biggie. It sounds like something I need to understand better than I do now. I think it’s going to have an impact on the kind of work I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment